OFFICE PROTOCOLS FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING, INFECTION CONTROL AND PATIENT SCREENING
For the health and safety of our patients and staff, we are implementing new protocols for patient screening and social distancing, as well as adding new steps to our existing infection control and prevention routine. Our office follows the MOH guidelines and those provided by the Malaysian Dental Association.
Social/ Physical Distancing
- We see patient strictly by appointment only. Please call before you visit!
- All appointments are scheduled to allow extra time between patients.
- Seating in the waiting area has been rearranged to provide at least six feet between patients.
- Anyone accompanying a patient will be asked to wait in the car, unless the patient is a minor, in which case only ONE parent is allowed to accompany the kid/s.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the treatment room, unless the patient is a minor.
- Must obey physical distancing of 1 metre inside the office.
Infection Control and Prevention
As a dental office, we always adhere to MOH guidelines for infection control and prevention, and sterilization, including the following:
- All instruments are sterilized in autoclave machines, similar to those used in hospitals. These machines use steam and pressure to reach and maintain a temperature high enough to kill any microorganisms and their spores.
- Disposable plastic wrap is used to cover surfaces that are touched by dentists and assistants, such as light handles.
- Before and after each patient, our assistants use bacterial and viral wipes to clean all surfaces in the treatment room that were touched by the dentist, assistants or patient.
- Dentists and assistants wear new gloves and masks for every patient and patients are provided with protective eyewear during dental procedures.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking additional steps out of an abundance of caution to protect our patients, staff and doctors.
- We are treating all surfaces in the office with long-lasting antimicrobial solutions, in addition to wiping everything down in the treatment rooms with disinfectant between patients.
- We are using long-lasting hand sanitizer, as well as single-use gloves with each patient.
- Our dentists and staff wear additional PPE, such as N95 masks and face shields. We treat all scrubs, lab coats, and other uniforms with antimicrobial solutions.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues are provided for all patients, and parents or guardians accompanying minor patients.
Screening and Scheduling
Prior to Your Appointment
When scheduling appointments, you will be asked basic screening questions, such as:
- Do you have a fever? Have you felt feverish in the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing shortness of breath or other difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a cough or sore throat or runny nose?
- Do you have any other flu symptoms, such as headache, fatigue, or stomach upset?
- Have you experienced recent loss of smell or taste?
- Are you in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients?
- Have you attended any event/ mass gathering or area associated with known COVID-19 clusters OR red zones?
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days to any region affected by COVID-19?
- Have you been advised to self-quarantine/ self-isolate?
Upon Arrival for Your Appointment
- To maintain proper social/ physical distancing, when you arrive at the parking for your appointment, please call our main office number 03-7732 7714. One of our staff members will let you know when you should come into the office.
- If anyone accompanies you to your appointment, they will be asked to wait in the car. Only patient is allowed into the office.
- For below 18, strictly ONE parent (or guardian) per family is allowed to accompany the kid/s.
- Everyone MUST wear face masks properly (covers the nose and mouth) unless the child is under three years old.
- Compulsory check-in by scanning the MySejahtera QR code (or manual registration) upon entering the office.
- When you arrive, one of our staff will take your temperature and ask you to fill up a health declaration form.
Only the patient will be allowed in the treatment room, unless the patient is a minor. If the patient is under 18, ONE parent (or guardian) can be in the treatment room.
Pre-rinse: All patients will be provided with a Hydrogen Peroxide rinse prior to their procedure which decreases the loads of pathogens in patients’ mouths. Since coronavirus is vulnerable to oxidation, any mouth rinse containing oxidative agents such as 1% hydrogen peroxide or 0.2% povidone is recommended to reduce the salivary load of oral microbes, including potential coronavirus.